Hohner Special 20 Features:
- Awesome response, superior bendability and the sweetest tone ever.
- The Special 20 harp is the first choice for those learning to play.
- Its special airtight design makes it the most recommended go-to harp for harmonica players of any style, including blues, country, folk or rock.
- The plastic comb doesn’t absorb moisture making it longer lasting.
- Harp of choice of harmonica virtuoso John Popper (of Blues Traveler) and played by Bob Dylan on his 2007/08 tour.
- Chances are your favorite player has several of these harps in his case.
- Key of C
Hohner Special 20 Harmonica H560 Video
Review by JP Allen
Great for Professionals and Beginners! Great Tone! Great for learning to Bend! Bang for the buck, this is my personal favorite instrument by a long shot. It’s the harmonica I use and it’s the instrument that makes it easiest for beginners to learn to bend. You’ll need to spend 2 to 5 times the money on other brands of harmonicas to match its performance.
From the Manufacturer:
Hohner’s diatonic harmonicas set the industry standard through their high quality construction, excellent response and unsurpassed tone. Often called “Blues Harps”, they have been a fixture as melody and accompaniment instruments in blues, rock, country, and folk bands, as well as many other styles of music and musical ensembles. Richter tuning and undivided air channels allow for bending and overblowing the reeds, creating the signature wailing sound typical of the harmonica.
Classic Line: Traditional values. Modern innovation.
This is the essence of the Classic line — traditional values and cutting edge technology. Extremely precise tools minimize air loss and ensure a quicker response and bigger volume. As always, each Classic harmonica is exclusively handmade.
Special 20: Great tone and comfort
Durable plastic comb with recessed reed plates for playing comfort. The stable, airtight construction and full sound make the Special 20 one of the most popular diatonic models.
- All Major Keys *Key of C recommended for beginners.
- Reeds: 20
- Reedplates: Brass; 0.9 mm
- Comb: Plastic
- Length in cm: approx. 10.0
Read Hohner Special 20 Harmonica H560 ReviewsClick here to submit your review.
The standard for harps
If you are are new to harmonica, you can choose this one and be sure it was a good choice. If you can't play a special 20, you can't blame the harp. There are better harps, there are worse harps, but the special 20 is one everyone can play.