Seydel 1847 Silver Harmonica Features:
- One of Harmonica.com's top rated harmonicas for ADVANCED INTERMEDIATES TO PRO
- Key of C
- Made in Germany
- Massive tone and the highest level of craftsmanship
- Tuning: Standard Richter
- NOTE: may need to be customized to your preferences (see info below)
SEYDEL 1847 SILVER IS MY #1 OVERALL BEST HARMONICA: If you want to purchase the best-made harmonicas on the market then in my book the Seydel 1847 Silver is hands down the winner. The 1847 is still made in Germany with a massive tone and FAR SUPERIOR craftsmanship. I’ve had a Seydel 1847 Silver for four years, and it’s still in tune and plays like a champ.
My only caveat is that the Seydel 1847 might be “too much harmonica” for you. Please read the Seydel section on my blog about customization of the Seydel 1847 here: Best and Worst Harmonicas.
The Seydel 1847 Silver has stainless steel reeds, which give it a great response time and a rich tone that many musicians tend to gravitate toward. The Seydel 1847 Silver is also adjustable, making it an important part of any musician’s arsenal of mouth harps. Although, it is playable just the way it is. This harp is one of the most popular in the Seydel line because of its versatility and easy playability.
From the Manufacturer:
- Full and loud, overtone-rich sound and extremely fast tone-response
- Very long durability even with heavy duty playing due to stainless steel reeds and rivets
- Reedplates made of non-corrosive German Silver
- Less air-loss due to fine-cut reedplates – optimized flatness and extremely small tolerances between reed and reedplate
- The overtone-rich sound can spread out unhindered – covers opened wide at the back and crimped and therefore a good stability
- Beard- and lip-friendly stainless steel cover plates with rounded edges without any cuts at the mouthpiece
- Corrosion-free Richter-diatonic harmonica with a solid polymer comb